Almond Chocolate Protein Squares
(Serve 16 – 1 each) Prep Time 15mins, No Cooking
1 Cup Oat Flour, Gluten Free
1 Cup Whey protein powder, vanilla flavour
1/2 Cup Almond flour
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 Cup All – Natural Almond Butter
2 tsp. Pure Vanilla extract
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate chips, melted
Double Chocolate Cookie
(Makes 15 servings, 1 cookie each)
Non Stick cooking spray
1/4 Cup extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
1/2 Cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 Cup pure maple syrup
1/4 Cup canned lite coconut milk
1/3 Cup coconut flour
1/4 Cup whole wheat flour
1/2 all-natural cocoa powder
1/4 semisweet chocolate morsels (or silvered raw almonds, chopped pecans, dried cherries, or raisins)
Egg Whites Pizza
Non Stick Spray
2/3 Cup liquid egg whites
1/4 Cup tomatoes sauce
1/4 shredded cheese or 1 light cheese stick
(Add any topping you wish, ham, sausage, chicken, bacon etc, not counting the calories or protein as these would be extra)
- Line 8 x 8 inch baking tray with baking paper, set aside.
- Place oat flour, protein powder, almond flour and salt in food processor, pulse to mix.
- Add almond butter and extract; pulse for 1 minute, or until crumbly.
- Add almond milk; pulse for 1 min or until mixture forms soft dough.
- Press dough into prepared tray, smooth top with spatula.
- Freeze, covered for 15mins
- Cut into sixteen squares (2 x 2 inch each)
- Drizzle melted chocolate evenly on top of protein squares (melt the chips few mins before taking it out from the freezer)
- Freeze for 10mins
- Store in freezer for up to one week in airtight container.
Total – Fat 13g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 7mg, Sodium 122mg, Carbohydrates 11g, Fiber 3g, Sugars 3g, Protein 8g
- Preheat oven to 350F (180d)
- Lightly coated baking sheet with spray, or cupcake tray set aside
- Combine coconut oil, applesauce, maple syrup, and coconut milk in a medium bowl, mix well and set aside
- Combine coconut flour, whole wheat flour, and cocoa powder in a small bowl, mix well.
- Add lour mixture to applesauce mixture, mix until well blended.
- Add morsels, mix until blended.
- Drop by heaping Tbsp onto prepared baking sheet or cupcake trays.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until firm.
(Tip : For a gluten free version, swap 1/3 cup of brown rice flour for a whole wheat flour)
- Spray the pan and turn heat on
- Pour liquid egg whites and let it sit
- Use the spatula to expose egg white to the pan and let it sit
- Carefully tap the egg white crust to check for doneness
- Add the tomato sauce and use spatula to spread the sauce around
- Spread the cheese around it
- Sprinkle with basil, garlic powder, you name it
- Serve onto your plate and dig in, yummy….
Total – 175 Calories & 20g Protein